Due to concerns about the novel coronavirus and related disease (COVID-19), we are taking additional precautionary measures (per the recommendations of the CDC) within the hospital to keep our staff, doctors, animals, clients, and visitors safe, while continuing to provide essential patient care.
We have increased our sanitizing protocols around the hospital for client and staff safety to allow us to remain OPEN.
Our primary goal is to stay healthy, keep others around us healthy and continue to provide service throughout the duration of this pandemic.
Our Appointment Process at Animal Friends Dermatology
To ensure that your pet receives the very best veterinary care while COVID restrictions are in place we have put in place some temporary protocols. Here is how appointments at our Orange Park or animal clinics work:
- When you and your pet arrive please remain in your car and call us to let us know that you are here for your appointment.
- Our staff will conduct a client interview with you over the phone to get a full understanding of why your pet has been referred to our veterinary dermatologist.
- When our specialist vet is ready to see your dog or cat a member of staff will meet you in the parking lot to escort you in. Please note that only one person may attend the appointment with your pet and masks are required at all times while you are in the building. If for any reason you are unable to wear a mask we will come out to your car and conduct your pet's appointment outside, or we will bring your pet inside for an examination and conduct the appointment by phone.
- When your dog or cat's appointment is complete a member of staff will walk you out of the building, or bring your pet back out to your car.
- Between appointments, our staff will thoroughly sanitize the office and examination room in preparation for the next client.
If you have any questions or would like to know more about how we are conducting examinations while COVID-19 restrictions are in place please contact us, we'd be happy to answer your questions.
For clients who do not want to travel into the clinic, please utilize our Hospital’s Online Pharmacy. This can be a great resource to ensure proper social distancing, but still provides the necessary medications and nutritional products.
Thank you for all your dedication and support during these challenging times! Please reach out with any questions.
- The Animal Friends Dermatology Team